7/3/12

birthday celebrations + a birthday diy









Our little one, Sadie, turned 2 yesterday! My how the time flies by! I'm sure every parent says it but I just can't believe my baby is 2 already. It was such a cold and wet day yesterday so the zoo idea was caned. We went adventuring to the museum instead. There's always so much to see and do there, I don't think we've ever managed to get through everything in one day. We're so lucky the city is only an hours drive from where we live. It's so nice to live on the coast and to also be able to access the big smoke in a short car or train trip!

I have a little birthday diy to share with you. It's super simple and a bit fun! In replacement of candles I made a little birthday cake bunting coz, let's face it, candle's can be such a pain when your outside can't they!





You will need:
* A few different coloured sheets of felt
* Paper and pen
* Baker's twine, embroidery thread or shop twine
* A needle
* 2 wooden skewers

Draw a triangle shape on a piece of paper and cut it out, this will be your stencil. Place the stencil on the felt and cut out multiple coloured triangles. I used 6 coloured triangles for my bunting but you can make yours as long as you like. Using your thread and needle sew the little triangles in a line. Tie each end of the thread to a skewer stick and there you go. You have a little cake bunting! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment