1/26/13

summer frock tutorial








I've been on a dress making spree over the last few weeks. I tidied my sewing room and have felt so inspired since!

I have a habit of buying vintage linens and fabrics but not using them! My fabric stash was feeling quite full and I have decided that I really should just bite the bullet and use them. I usually buy fabric with the intention of using it but when it comes time for the chop I often chicken out! Is anyone else out there guilty of doing this??

I've been making crowns, dresses, skirts, pants and bags! Most of the creations have been gifted to others which is rather nice to do.

I made a cute little summer frock out of some vintage Raggedy Anne fabric for my little one and decided that I needed one too! I chose a linen top and cotton polka dot bottom. I used this tutorial here. It was super easy to follow and I whipped up my dress in no time! You can buy the pattern but as this is a child's dress pattern and I am a grown up I simply used another one of my dresses as my pattern.

So there you go! Have you been making anything lately?? xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress, so very pretty! The tutorial is fantastic, very thorough... now to find a few spare hours to give it a go! x

    ReplyDelete